Stronger Communities Projects
$8.8 Million Invested In Major Infrastructure Projects
At the Extraordinary Council meeting on 9 August, Administrator Sullivan endorsed $8.8 million of funds for projects that build more vibrant, sustainable and inclusive local communities through the Snowy Valleys Council Stronger Communities Major Infrastructure Fund.
These projects are listed below:
12 Result(s) Found
- Connected Community Creekscape Masterplan ($515,000) – Enhancing the Adelong Creek and Falls connection. Plan developed by external consultant
- Upgrade of Caravan Park ($266,000) – plan developed by external consultant which incorporates 5 year capex plan which also picks up lessee contribution
- Acquisition of the Batlow Cannery. SVC have been pursuing several options and is seeking EOIs for possible reuse of the site. External contractors have also been asked to provide quotes for the demolition of the site.
- Develop a masterplan for the amenity of the main CBD of Batlow which includes incorporating the cannery, the caravan park and entrance to town.
- Upgrading of the Batlow Caravan Park. External costings have been used which incorporates a 5 year capex plan including lessee contributions.
- Engage consultant to review and update existing economic feasibility study which was undertaken in 2007 to determine benefits of road upgrade.
- Obtain a cost estimate for ‘design’ of the major upgrade of the section from Piccadilly Circus to the Goodradigbee bridge.
Both components have been completed by external consultants.
Install new picnic tables adjacent to the recently installed playground area.
Construct a multi-use track to connect the free camping ground on the Murray River adjacent to the hotel, past the school, around the showground and shop to the bridge crossing the Murray River.
- Acquisition and fit out of General Store - develop business case to operate store on commercial lease but alternatively explore 'Social Enterprise' model which is sustainable asset to community, using Corryong bakery as example.
- Streetscape Works as per masterplan which includes lit walkway - Caravan Park to the Hotel and Shopping precinct
- Enhance the Rosewood Memorial Park and Rosewood CBD including upgrade of children’s play area, new landscaping.
- Improvements to the Rosewood Golf Club (RGC) as an events hosting facility. Projects nominated include installing cabins for accommodation, new commercial kitchen for hosting events, new deck and landscaping. In-kind contribution from RGC.
Town beautification plan with picnic tables, shelter and children’s playground equipment. Use a consultant to develop final plan within available budget.
Improving amenity through the provision of toilet, picnic tables, barbecues and better access to the creek for swimming.
- Major Redevelopment of Tumbarumba Showgrounds - Levelling and improvements to playing surface, new amenities and spectator facilities.
- Completion of Stage 1 Creekscape Masterplan.
- Enhancement of Creekscape Playground.
- Construction of mountain bike trail and acquisition of trail building tools.