Local Heritage Grants
APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN
2018/19 applications close at 4.30pm on Friday 3rd August 2018
The Local Heritage Grants Program encourages the conservation of heritage items within the Snowy Valleys Local Government Area and promotes a positive community attitude to heritage conservation.
There is a total of $12,000 available made up of $6,000 from the NSW Office of Environment & Heritage and $6,000 from Snowy Valleys Council.
Owners of heritage buildings are invited to apply for projects which involve the repair, maintenance or reinstatement of missing items on heritage buildings. Projects can include structural work through to painting.
Eligible projects include:
- New and reinstatement of fences;
- Verandah reinstatement;
- Parapet and roof cladding restoration;
- External painting (heritage colour scheme);
- Shopfront restoration, tiling etc; and
- Decorative detailing reinstatement
Funding will generally not be provided for the following projects:
- Where assistance is reasonably available from another source;
- Where substantial assistance has been previously provided;
- Where the applicant has yet to complete other assisted projects;
- Purchase of a building, site or movable item;
- A new addition to a heritage building (including new internal fittings such as new kitchens and bathrooms);
- Relocation of a heritage building;
- Work on a Government or Council owned building still used for a Government or Council purpose.
Generally, the level of funding per project will be $1,000, with a maximum amount of $5,000 for a major project. Applicants will be required to provide at least matching finance for the projects. Due to the competitive nature of the program, Council may offer funding less than the requested amount.
Local Heritage Grants Program Guidelines and Application 2018/19(PDF, 150KB)
Applications are to be sent to:
Craig Perrin, Development and Assessment Planner, Snowy Valleys Council
Email: [email protected]
Post: 76 Capper Street, Tumut NSW 2720