Expression of Interest Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee
Snowy Valleys Council is seeking Expressions of Interest from suitably qualified and experienced persons to serve on the Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee.
The Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee is an advisory committee of Council composed of two (2) Councillors and four (4) independent members who have the ability to vote along with a number of Council Officers who are non-voting members.
The committee provides independent assurance, oversight and assistance to Council in the areas of risk, control, governance, financial reporting and performance. It will meet at least four (4) times per year and a fee is paid for attendance. The meetings will be at alternate venues between the Tumbarumba and Tumut Offices.
Independent members of the committee generally have significant skills, experience and qualifications in one or more of the following disciplines:
- corporate governance
- accounting, financial management and financial reporting
- risk management
- local government, public sector administration
- internal/external audit
- information systems and technology
- audit committee/board membership.
The following criteria will be used when assessing applications:
1. Relevant professional qualifications
2. Relevant professional knowledge and expertise
3. Understanding of / experience in local government
4. Understanding of the role of corporate governance in organisations
5. Understanding of business improvement methodologies
6. Current / prior experience on similar committees
Expressions of Interest addressing the selection criteria in a covering letter and resume, should be submitted no later than 5.00pm on Friday, 23rd March 2018 to Council via email email@example.com.
Information packs can be obtained by contacting Division Manager People, Culture and Governance, Jerry Mooketsi on 02 6941 2575 or firstname.lastname@example.org.