Local Heritage Grants
The annual Local Heritage Grants Program has been established by Snowy Valleys Council with the aid of funding from the NSW Government.
The aim of the program is to encourage the conservation of heritage items within the Snowy Valleys region and promote a positive community attitude to heritage conservation.
Owners of heritage buildings are invited to apply for projects which involve the repair, maintenance or reinstatement of missing items on heritage buildings. Projects can include structural work through to painting.
Generally, the level of funding per project will be $1,000, with a maximum amount of $5,000 for a major project. Applicants will be required to provide at least matching finance for the projects. Due to the competitive nature of the program, Council may offer funding less than the requested amount.
Eligible projects include:
- New and reinstatement of fences;
- Verandah reinstatement;
- Parapet and roof cladding restoration;
- External painting (heritage colour scheme);
- Shopfront restoration, tiling etc; and
- Decorative detailing reinstatement
Funding will generally not be provided for the following projects:
- Where assistance is reasonably available from another source;
- Where substantial assistance has been previously provided;
- Where the applicant has yet to complete other assisted projects;
- Purchase of a building, site or movable item;
- A new addition to a heritage building (including new internal fittings such as new kitchens and bathrooms);
- Relocation of a heritage building;
- Work on a Government or Council owned building still used for a Government or Council purpose.
2019 Local Heritage Grants Program
Applications - Applications open on Monday 3 June 2019 and close at 4.30pm on Friday 5 July 2019
Timing of projects - Projects must be completed by the end of April 2020*.
*Please Note - if you have been allocated grant funding and do not complete your project by the end of April 2020, your grant funding amount will be forgone for the year. However, the grant amount could be reallocated to another project if reasonable notice is given to Council of any applicant’s change in circumstances.
Click here to download the 2019 Local Heritage Grants Guidelines and Application Form(DOC, 337KB)
For more information please contact: Trudy Crawford, Coordinator Community & Cultural Development
P: 69412542 E: [email protected]