Snowy Valleys Recovery and Resilience Grants
The Snowy Valleys Council Recovery and Resilience Grants Program adds to the ongoing work being undertaken by SVC to support communities and individuals impacted by the 2019-2020 bushfires. It will support projects that contribute to community improvement, wellbeing, resilience and recovery and assist communities and individuals to overcome the social impacts of the bushfires.
The Snowy Valleys Council Recovery and Resilience Grants Program aims to:
- Meet the diverse and changing needs of the Snowy Valleys community as they recover from the 2019/2020 bushfires;
- Assist groups and communities to develop local solutions that build on and/or enhance the wellbeing of the Snowy Valleys community;
- Identify opportunities and develop strategies that nurture the ideas and aspirations of residents of the Snowy Valleys;
- Support whole communities or specific groups within communities; and
- Promote a positive image of the Snowy Valleys to residents and visitors.
Community organisations may apply for grants of between $500 and $5,000.
Eligible activities and projects may include:
- Access to arts and cultural events which provide opportunities for people to reflect and express their recent experiences of the disaster
- Social activities or community run events that create opportunities for disaster-affected communities to connect with each other and with services
- Workshops and seminars
- Community artworks
- Purchase of equipment to add ongoing benefit to the services community groups are able to provide
The Snowy Valleys Council Recovery and Resilience Grants Program will be administered in one round and is independent of other SVC administered grants and sponsorship programs.
To be eligible you must:
- Be a community organisation or not for profit group located within the Snowy Valleys Council boundaries or be auspiced by a community organisation;
- Deliver all activities within the Snowy Valleys;
- Complete your project before 31st August 2022;
- Hold appropriate public liability insurance; and
- Submit at least one letter of support with your application, which must be written by a resident, group or agency from the Snowy Valleys
The Program opens on Monday 19th April 2021 and applications close Friday 28th May 2021.
All activities must be completed by 31st August 2022 with a final report completed within 2 months of this date. Funding is finite and will cease at the conclusion of this program.
Applications will be via Smarty Grants. Community group/organisations will be asked to provide:
- Name of organisation (or auspicing body)
- Overview of the project/event
- How it links to a key focus area and will assist the community overcome the social impacts of the bushfires
- Project date and/or duration
- Budget (including identification of local suppliers that will be used)
Click here to download the full Snowy Valleys Council Recovery and Resilience Grants Program Guidelines(PDF, 2MB)
Click here to access the application portal