2021 NSW Local Government Elections
2021 NSW Local Government elections will be held on Saturday, 04 September 2021
Local government elections are a vital part of the democratic process, ensuring local councils are accountable to their local communities.
The nomination period for the elections starts on Monday, 26 July 2021 and closes on 12 noon, Wednesday, 4 August 2021.
Snowy Valleys Council is made up of 9 councillors (one of whom is the mayor). Councillors elected in September 2021 will serve a reduced three-year term after the 2020 election was postponed by 12 months due to COVID-19.
If you are passionate about your local community and think you can play an important role in leading Snowy Valleys Council into the future, then you should consider nominating for the 4 September 2021 local government elections.
Being a Councillor is a rewarding opportunity to:
- Make decisions that help people in your local community
- Influence the long term vision and direction for your community
- Learn new skills such as leadership, public speaking and advocacy
- Work with diverse and passionate people on a range of issues
- Balance the needs and priorities of your community
- Show leadership and make the best decisions for your community.