An opportunity exists for an enthusiastic and engaged individual to provide guidance and mentorship to development application assessment team and make determinations to ensure effective management of the built and natural environments in the Snowy Valleys region. This position is a full-time permanent role based in either Tumut or Tumbarumba (travel to other locations as required).
Key components of this position will require the successful candidate to:
- Interpret and administer relevant legislation, Australian Standards, council policies and procedures to ensure effective management of the built and natural environments.
- Partner, Inform and advise customers on matters impacting development to facilitate efficient and effective service delivery.
- Assist strategic town planning to ensure effective management of the built and natural environments.
- Provide internal town planning advice and guidance to building surveyors and engineers processing other applications to ensure effective management of the built and natural environments.
- Promote information sharing and knowledge transfer to drive evidence-based decision-making, enhance capability and optimise capacity.
- Mentor and develop junior staff from across the Growth and Development team
The successful candidate for this position will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Urban and Regional Planning.
- Contemporary experience (minimum 5 years) in assessing and determining development applications, including a range of land uses and building classes.
- Contemporary knowledge and demonstrated application of Environmental Planning & Assessment Act and Regulations.
- Exposure to developing strategic land use planning programs and experience in the development and management of approved initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to provide a high standard of customer service to internal and external customers.
Salary will be paid in accordance with the Snowy Valleys Council Salary System at Grade 11 ranging from $80 000 (gross) plus 9.5% superannuation, negotiable based on skills, experience and education.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please address the Essential and Desirable Criteria noted in the attached Position Description, provide a Cover letter explaining your interest in the role and current Resume/CV. Please email this information to [email protected].
Sunday 4th July at 5:00 pm.
For further information about this position, please contact the Acting Manager Growth and Activation, Kylie Bradley on 0429 065 249 or [email protected]
Snowy Valleys Council is an EEO employer and ensures the absence of discrimination in employment. Council has a No Smoking in the Workplace Policy and operates a Drug and Alcohol testing program.