The aim of the Tumut Youth Council Committee is to provide a forum for consultation between Council and the youth (12 -25 years) of the local area to achieve:
- Promotion of a positive profile of young people
- Active involvement in increasing the level and variety of entertainment and recreation for young people
- Provision of a forum where young people can express their views and those views will be heard and respected
- Improved two-way communication between young people and the rest of the community
Tumut Youth Council conducts a variety of social events for the Youth of the area. Youth Council also participates in and supports a number of community events.
- Positions are available for up to 15 members aged between 12 and 25 years
- There are also five positions available for Adult Advisory Representatives and Adult Helpers (one of the Adult Advisory Representatives is a Snowy Valleys Councillor)
Persons can be self-nominated, or can represent a group or organisation and are appointed to the Tumut Youth Council Committee by Snowy Valleys Council.
Download a Membership Nomination Form(PDF, 133KB)
The Tumut Youth Council meets on the first Wednesday of the month at 4:30pm in the Gundagai Room at Council Offices.
Every alternate month the meetings are informal and are held in the Tumut Community Support Centre meeting room on 81 Capper Street starting at 4:00pm.
Youth Council Committee Terms of Reference(PDF, 113KB)
The following awards were received by the Tumut Youth Council:
- 2016 Finalist - Best Small Council with the Most Outstanding Youth Week Program
- 2014 Winner - Best small council with the most outstanding youth week program
- 2013 Winner - Best On-going Commitment to Local Youth Week Programs
- 2013 Finalist - Most Innovative Youth Week Program
- 2013 Finalist - Best Small Council with the Most Outstanding Youth Week Program
- 2011 Finalist - Best ongoing commitment to local youth week programs
- 2011 Finalist - Best small council with the most outstanding youth week program
- 2012 Finalist - Best small council with the most outstanding youth week program
- 2009 Winner - Best ongoing commitment to local youth week programs
- 2008 Finalist - Best ongoing youth week program