The Sports Committee is a Committee of Council responsive to community needs. The Committee comprises one representative per Tumut area sporting organisation, one Council staff member and one Councillor.
Membership of the committee is open to all members of the public.
Roles of the Committee
- Provide appropriate advice and recommendations on matters relevant to sport and recreation in the Tumut area
- Provide a forum for discussion of sport and recreation issues
- To advise Council on the level of service preferred regarding the maintenance of local sporting facilities
- To recommend to Council the allocation of Sports Capital Projects Grants and Athletes Assistance programs
- To assist new or struggling clubs to survive and grow if deemed appropriate
- To promote sport and recreation in the Tumut area
Tumut Region Sports Committee Terms of Reference(PDF, 113KB)
Email: [email protected]
Phone:1300 ASK SVC