Three Bin Service Roll Out
We’re moving Towards Zero Waste with a new three-bin kerbside collection service.
The three-bin service includes a weekly organics service and a fortnightly recycling and waste service.
Residents with a kerbside collection service will be receiving new bins as part of the new three-bin waste collection service. This is to make sure all residents have bins of consistent sizing, bin-lid colour and branding and that all bins are functional, as current bins have reached the end of their useful life.
If you live in Jingellic, Khancoban, Tooma, Rosewood or Tumbarumba you will receive new green-lid and red-lid bins. Please continue to use your existing yellow-lid recycling bin as normal, this bin will not be replaced as it is yet to reach end of life.
When will new bins be delivered
New bins will be delivered from 5 to 30 July 2021. Once you receive your new bins please take them from the kerb and store securely on your property ready to use for the first new collection run from Monday 2nd of August. Keep putting out your old bins until the change over on August 2nd.
if you do not wish to keep your old bins, leave your bins empty and turn them upside down on the kerbside on August 2nd and Council staff will then know to pick them up and send them to be recycled. Please note from 2 August old bins will not be emptied, you should only keep your old bins if you have another purpose for them.
During the last week of July you will receive a new collection calendar in the mail with your Information Pack.
How to receive your new bins
Residents are asked to follow these simple steps once they have received their new bins:
- Check the address on the new bins label and ensure it matches your property address. Please report to Council straight away if the address on the bin label does not match your address.
- If the address on the bins is correct, take your new bins from the kerbside and store them securely on your property.
- Continue to use your old bins for the remainder of July.
- After your collection service in the last week of July between 26-30, if you do not wish to keep your old bins, leave your bins empty and turn them upside down on the kerbside. Council will then know to pick them up and send them to be recycled.
- Start using your new bins ready for the first new collection service from Monday, 2 August.
Click on your town below to learn more about the bin rollout specifically for your area:
Got more questions about the bin rollout?
Click here for more Frequently Asked Questions