Tooma Silage Wrap Collection
Next date: Wednesday, 04 December 2019 | 10:00 AM
to 12:30 PM
Council is running a silage wrap recycling trial at the Tooma Recreation Reserve on Wednesday 6 November and Wednesday 4 December 2019.
Residents are encouraged to bring down their farm silage wrap for recycling as a sustainable alternative to burying it on their farms.
Council will be on-site collecting the plastic between 10am and 12.30pm on both days. The collected wrap will then be transported to the Tumut Transfer Station for processing.
Recycling silage plastic has production and environmental benefits including the reduction in harmful greenhouse gasses and pollutants,fewer plastics littering our farms, landscapes and water ways and reduced hazards for stock and wildlife.
Tooma Recreation Reserve
- Wednesday 6 November 2019 - 10am to 12.30pm
- Wednesday 4 December 2019 - 10am to 12.30pm
How to recycle your silage wrap
- Gather silage wrap in bulka bags or loose.
- It is very important that the silage wrap is clean, dry and free of contaminants.
- Ensure you remove net wrapping and bale twine. \n
- Ensure bulka bags can be rolled off vehicles or trailers.
- Inappropriately packed or contaminated wrap may be refused.
Silage wraps are made from Linear Low Density Polyethylene (LLDPE). The collected plastic will be transported to a suitable facility and recycled into a range of products from stock crush panelling and flooring, to worm farms and compost bins.
Wednesday, 06 November 2019 | 10:00 AM
- 12:30 PM
Wednesday, 04 December 2019 | 10:00 AM
- 12:30 PM