Committees of Council
Council operates a number of committees, to assist and advise on the management of community facilities and to make recommendations for future development
Section 355 Community Committees
- Adelong Showground - Management of Adelong Showground
- Glenora Heritage Reserve - Care, control, and management of the Glenroy Heritage Reserve, including letting, cleaning, maintenance and operations and the purchase of furniture and furnishings.
- Tooma Recreation Reserve - Management of Tooma Reserve
Section 355 Advisory Committees
Advisory Committees provide valuable advice from the community perspective for Council decision-making processes. Advisory Committee membership may include experts, professionals, government employees, community representatives and Council employees as well as Councillors.
- Aboriginal Liaison Committee - To provide a forum for discussion between Council and the Aboriginal Community of the Tumut area on key issues.
- Audit, Risk & Improvement Committee - To provide independent assurance and assistance to the Snowy Valleys Council on risk management, control, governance and external accountability responsibilities.
- Australia Day Committee - To organise Australia Day celebrations within the Council area and to select recipients of the Awards and places of celebration.
- Disability Inclusion Access Reference Group Committee - Provide feedback to Council on the actions out of the Disability Inclusion Action Plan (DIAP) as well as a forum for discussion for achieving actions out of the DIAP. To assist and encourage enhancement of services, facilities and activities within the Council region to include people who have disabilities
- Tumut Aerodrome Committee - To advise Council on all aspects of the Tumut Aerodrome.
- Tumbarumba RSL Memorial Hall Management Committee - Management of the RSL Community Hall and facilities
- Youth Council – Tumut and Tumbarumba- To provide a forum for consultation between Council and the youth of the local area.
- Bushfire Recovery Committees - In response to the NSW bushfire disaster the NSW State Government has set up a State Recovery Committee supported by Regional Recovery Committees and Council Committees