Committees of Council
Council operates a number of committees, to assist and advise on the management of community facilities and to make recommendations for future development
Section 355 Community Committees
- Adelong Showground - Management of Adelong Showground
- Glenroy Heritage Reserve - Management of Glenroy Heritage Reserve
- Tooma Recreation Reserve - Management of Tooma Reserve
Section 355 Advisory Committees
Advisory Committees provide valuable advice from the community perspective for Council decision-making processes. Advisory Committee membership may include experts, professionals, government employees, community representatives and Council employees as well as Councillors.
- First Nations Liaison Committee - To ensure partnerships with First Nations organisations and community members to assist in the delivery of the Council's Delivery Program
- Audit, Risk & Improvement Committee - To provide independent assurance and assistance to the Snowy Valleys Council on risk management, control, governance and external accountability responsibilities.
- Disability Inclusion Access Reference Group (DIARG) - Provide feedback to Council on the actions prescribed in the Disability Inclusion Action Plan (DIAP) and assist and encourage the enhancement of services, facilities and activities within the Local Government Area with consideration of persons who have a disability.
- Tumut Aerodrome Committee - To advise Council on all aspects of the Tumut Aerodrome
- Tumut Floodplain Risk Management Committee - To provide advice, feedback and support to Council in developing, implementing and monitoring flood studies and floodplain risk management plans and associated projects.
- Tumbarumba Floodplain Risk Management Committee - To provide advice, feedback and support to Council in developing, implementing and monitoring flood studies and floodplain risk management plans and associated projects.
- Tumbarumba RSL Memorial Hall Management Committee - Management of the RSL Community Hall and facilities
- Snowy Valleys Youth Council – To provide a forum for consultation between Council and the youth of the local area.
- Bushfire Recovery Committees - In response to the NSW bushfire disaster the NSW State Government has set up a State Recovery Committee supported by Regional Recovery Committees and Council Committees