Key Decisions - Aug 2019 Council Meeting
Published on 30 August 2019
Council made the following key decisions at their August Ordinary Meeting:
- Agreed to defer any rate harmonisation until July 2021 as per options set down by the Office of Local Government
- Committed to developing a policy and procedure to provide in-kind and financial support to new doctors who commit to living and working in the SVC region.
- Pledged to continue lobbying the federal government for funds to develop an Aboriginal Health and Wellbeing centre at the new Tumut Hospital in consultation with the Aboriginal Community.
- Officially named the newly upgraded Adelong creek pathway the ‘Adelong Falls Walk’ and supported the community development of a dedicated sign along the Walk recognising the Adelong community members who formed the walk.
- Granted authorisation to the General Manager to enter into negotiations with the Toomaroomba Kunama Namadgi Indigenous Corporation for the purpose of leasing Wolter’s Cottages as a suitable facility for the establishment of a local Cultural Centre.
- Donated the Council owned horse and stockman sculpture to the Tumbarumba Equine Club for location at the Tumbarumba Race Course.
- Determined to seek community feedback on the draft SVC Zero Waste Strategy.
- Endorsed the draft Drinking Water Quality Policy, the draft Home Dialysis Rebate Policy and the draft Tree Management Policy to be placed on public exhibition.
- Established that the Tumut CBD Project scope will be to upgrade the streetscape of Wynyard Street, including roundabouts, between Capper and Fitzroy Streets, Tumut, within the budget of $1.76m.
- Resolved to create the Disability Inclusion Access Reference Group (DIARG) as an internal council advisory Committee and invite the Community Welfare Committee (CWC) to join the DIARG as a Sub-Committee.
- Determined to consolidate the official SVC Australia Day Awards Ceremony into one event annually to be held in Tumut, starting in 2020 and agreed that Council continue to encourage and provide support to the individual town Australia Day events hosted by community groups.
- Agreed to seek approval from Transport for NSW to install a traffic facility across Batlow Road in the vicinity of the IGA and the Senior Citizens Village in Batlow.
- Approved the recommendations from the Tumut Sports Committee for allocation of SVC Tumut Sports Capital Grant funds.
- Endorsed funding of $60,340 in Tumut Community Strengthening Grants and funding of $22,959 in Art and Cultural Development Grants be distributed.
- Proceed to tender for the targeted demolition & clean-up of specific identified areas of the Batlow Cannery Site.
Business papers and minutes can be view at www.svc.nsw.gov.au/15-Aug-2019
The next ordinary meeting of council will be held in Tumbarumba on Thursday 19 September starting at 2pm.